Post-Conference Workshops – Friday, 22 June 2018
9:00 am - 11:30 am Workshop A - FSRU Project 101: Understanding Crucial FSRU Systems and Important Considerations in Project ExecutionKelvin Li - Transaction Services Lead – SEA & China Advisian
With FSRUs gaining popularity as a mainstream solutionfor potential new LNG regasification terminals, it is crucialfor industry professionals to have a strong grasp of eachaspect of an FSRU and understand how each componentaffect the vessel’s deployment, costs, operational strategy,maintenance and efficiency. In addition, getting an FSRU project operational involves many crucial decision-making processes. This workshop aims to helpindustry professionals to:
· Design a better and more efficient FSRU through a better understanding of how the various components and systems work
· Highlight crucial component and systems that affect FSRU operations and deployment
· Identify some of the most important considerations when executing an FSRU project
· Develop an effective project development timeline to prevent project overrun
· Learn about the successful execution of FSRU projects and understand what and why some key decisions were made
Kelvin LiTransaction Services Lead – SEA & China
12:00 pm - 2:30 pm Workshop B - A-Z Guide to FSRU Pre-Feasibility Studies and Value EngineeringPaul Duncan - Senior Consultant INCITIAS
It is easy to get the market excited about FSRU projects – however, many projects remain stuck at the FID stage. Most of this delay stems from the lack of proper planning at the beginning. In order to make the economics work, companies need to now look at developing robust Pre-FEED/FEED frameworks at the early design phases to minimise any room for errors along the way. This comprehensive workshop will demystify the concept of value engineering and provide you with practical point-by-point strategies on adopting your own value engineering framework.
· Understand what value engineering means in the FSRU market
· Showcase the value of concerted engineering and proper planning at the start
· Demonstrate real-world examples of how value engineering reduced project delays and additional costs
· Setting clear parameters and guidelines to ensure that value engineering is set for success
Paul DuncanSenior Consultant
3:00 pm - 5:30 pm Workshop C - All-you-need-to-know about FSRU Project Financing: A step-by-step guide to getting the economics coveredJonathan Siu - Senior Associate Norton Rose Fulbright
Field development and FSRU projects are getting increasingly expensive and difficult to finance – this is also the biggest bottleneck in the entire project landscape. Are there innovative solutions to make the economics work? Can you work with different financing partners? This solution-focused workshop will provide you with practical tips and know-hows in developing your project finance plan, and get all the “check-boxes” ticked.
- Understand what goes into a project finance plan and how you can meet all the necessary criteria
- Design innovative financing solutions by working with different financing bodies – Is this viable?
- Build your step-by-step guide as a benchmark for all future projects
- Get a broader view of the project in determining project viability and economic returns
Jonathan SiuSenior Associate
Norton Rose Fulbright