Kerry Anne Shanks, Head of APAC Gas and LNG Research, at Wood Mackenzie, spoke about understanding the requirements of existing FSRU markets in Asia and identifying new opportunities in the region.
- Breakdown of the various operational FSRUs deployed in Asia, including their current operating capacities and existing LNG supply contracts
- Analysing potential new FSRU markets in Asia and how it will affect existing and future LNG supply and demand and prices
- Understand the reasons behind the growth of mini-FSRUs and its potential deployment in Asia, especially Indonesia
Understanding FSRU Chartering Contracts And How It Will Impact The Number Of Available Vessels Over The Next Three Years
Parth Jindal, Managing Director at Höegh LNG Asia Pte.Ltd spoke about understanding FSRU chartering contracts and how it will impact the number of available vessels over next three years:
- Breakdown of currently chartered FSRUs whose lease will expire in the next three years and how they will aff ect LNG supply and demand
- Number of FSRUs currently on order, including newbuilds and conversions, and when they would be entering service
- Understanding how the current low LNG prices affect FSRU demand and supply
Case-study presented by Luc Pescio , Vice-President, Floating Gas Solutions and Gianluca Orlandi, Project Manager, Floating Gas Solutions at Bumi Armada: Analysing The Successful Conversion Of An Existing Moss-Tank LNG Carrier Into Malta’s First FSRUS
- Understanding the various FSRU docking concepts and the reasons why Bumi Armadaadopted the spread-mooring arrangement for the Malta FSRU
- Reducing development costs through the use of a shore-based power supply for the FSRU
- Ensuring the highest level of FSRU efficiency by reducing dry-docking through the use of long-term coating and in-water inspection philosophy
Back in its 3rd year, the FSRU Asia Summit will bring together all industry players along the entire FSRU value chain to focus on not only market opportunities, but also how project stakeholders can move FSRU projects off the ground. These industry leaders are also actively looking for solutions to keep their FSRU project feasible and practical.
Bringing together more than 100 participants in one platform including FSRU project owners, EPCs, shipyards, ship owners, traders and bankers, this is the only dedicated event focusing on FSRU developments in Asia.
Download the brochure to find out how you can be part of the FSRU value-chain.
- Overview of the current natural gas supply situation in the Philippines
- Evaluating the benefi ts of FSRUs in meeting Philippine gas demands
- Utilising a FSRU as an interim measure before a permanent LNG terminal is built
- Updates on time-line, progress of the various planned FSRUs across the Philippines
Sampe Purba, Vice President of Gas Commercialization at SKK Migas discussed about:
- Breakdown of Indonesia’s current energy matrix and how natural gas will grow in importance and account for 25% of the energy mix by 2025
- Achieving the 35k MW power generation target through the use of more gas-fired power plants
- Importance of LNG imports and FSRUs to meet natural gas demands throughout Indonesia
As demand for LNG intensifies across the global markets, imports thorough FSRUs are generally expected to grow concurrently as well. But what are the current drivers affecting this boom in demand? And will they change or remain the same in 2018? Download this article to find out the current lay of the land, what it means for FSRUs and how this intensified demand will affect the supply of LNG.
A big part of attending conference is to learn from your fellow-industry peers and networking with key industry leaders. Download the past attendee list and see who has been to our previous FSRU Asia summits and who you may meet in the future.
Don’t miss the chance to be at FSRU Asia Summit 2018!
Ahead of the FSRU Asia Summit, we have spoke to Shiv Sivarajah heads ING Bank’s Offshore Oil and Gas Services franchise in Asia.
He spoke with the team to discuss the current climate for the FSRU market from a financiers perspective. We explore areas such as strategies for projects to stay afloat, investment appetite for the changing LNG market as well as an assessment of what the future holds.
Download the interview and read more.
As the FSRU market continues to take the spotlight in the LNG world, we’ve prepared a handy infographic for driving those projects forward for 2018. On top of critical market intelligence and information about existing projects and those under construction, we explore:
- The pros and cons of offshore vs onshore LNG terminals
- FSRU project development process
- What needs to be taken into consideration for implementation phase
- Typical new build lead time
- Key factors for a successful project